Basic question re F/Fwd on Zoom H4

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Le Jab
new to this board
new to this board

Basic question re F/Fwd on Zoom H4

Post by Le Jab » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:43 am

....Suppose I record for 3 hrs continuously on my Zoom H4. I assume that would be just one file. When I play back, can I f/fwd to say the hour mark? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, cos when I try, it just seems to click forward second by second in real time. .. Only had it a day so still learning, but I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong...........................
0 x

rnms
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by rnms » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 am

If you point the cursor at the timeline at the top of the screen you can jump to anywhere in the file.
0 x

BrianD
been here a while
been here a while

Post by BrianD » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:04 am

Yes, there is no real fast-forward or fast-rewind.

But you can jump to a specific time in the recording, using the jog wheel. The playback has to be stopped and you have to be on the level meter screen. Moving the jog wheel moves the cursor to various fields, including the time field. Highlight the appropriate field by pressing the jog field at that point, and then scroll up or down with the jog wheel to whatever point you want by hour/minute/second.

When you press 'play' again, it will play from that point.

BTW, I took the H4 to a high school football game last night and enjoyed capturing my daughter's marching band, both in the stands and at half time.

:)

Brian
0 x

rnms
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by rnms » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:27 am

"there is no real fast-forward or fast-rewind. "

If you press and hold the selector switch while the file is playing either left or right you get fast forward or rewind but with a 3 hr recording it would take some time to find the spot you want.
0 x