debating on buying hd8cd, please help!

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
socratic07
new to this board
new to this board

debating on buying hd8cd, please help!

Post by socratic07 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:01 pm

hi! this site has really narrowed my decision down. so thank you. im debating on getting a zoom hd8cd or a tascam DP-01FX/CD.

im a one man band just trying to record music for fun or as a hobby. i have windows media center, so not many sotwares are compatibe with it, so i decded to go with a multitrack recorder. i have a guitar, a bass, 1 acoustic, a general MIDI keyboard (Yamaha), etc. i plan on playing both acoustic and electric rock. i usually use my keyboard for drums and piano of course, but im sure the drum map on the zoom will also help.

i have windows media center and i was wondering if the cubase software that comes with the hd8cd is compatible with my compuer.

as i've mentioned before, i'm an intermediate player who just wants to record. i just want to hear input from users of the zoom hd8cd/hd16cd. i would highly appreciate it. i just want to make sure i dont get ripped off. sorry for the long message, but thank you guys for helping. :) i was wondering if this product would be perfect for what i want to do. if you have any questions feel free to ask. im new to recording, so thats why im asking for your opinion.

im planning on playing music like (electric)
http://myspace.com/personl
http://myspace.com/aceendersandamilliondifferentpeople

(acoustic)
http://www.purevolume.com/wolftron.

thank you again and sorry for the long message.
0 x

bebop
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by bebop » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:07 pm

hi welcome to the forum Socratic07.

Seeing as you use keyboards as well as guitars i'd definitely recommend getting the HD16. Piano just has to be recorded in stereo for the full gorgeous sound to work right and once you've put other keyboard parts on you'll soon find the stereo tracks on the HD8 disappearing. At least with the HD16 you've got more stereo to play with.
The drums on HD8 and HD16 can be positioned wherever you like in the stereo field even though they only use one track, verrrrrry handy feature.

I'd invest a bit more cash in the HD16 just for the sake of covering your options in the future. Backing vocals might grow from one to two to three parts, acoustic guitars might have overdubbed harmonies, ya never know where your inspiration might guide you and theres nothing worse than having to stop the creative flow and bounce down to open up more tracks.

Any help ?
0 x

socratic07
new to this board
new to this board

thanks

Post by socratic07 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:17 am

hey bepop, thanks for the advice, i'll probably get it within the next month. when i get it, i'll let you know how it goes. i really apprciate it. have a great rest of the weekend and happy holidays.
0 x