R16-Tutorial-Send/Return effects VS. Insert effect

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
aviuncyk
new to this board
new to this board

Re: R16-Tutorial-Send/Return effects VS. Insert effect

Post by aviuncyk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:25 pm

I do music as an hobby and did not touch the Zoom for over a year. However, after reading your notes below, and ONLY after that I finally understood the way the effects work. From the manual which I read again and again, I could not get it.

Many Thanks

A Uncyk

NYC
0 x

selbalicious
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by selbalicious » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:45 pm

Yay! Really glad it helped!
0 x
Kevin B. Selby
https://www.facebook.com/TheJKDuo/ <-- Live Performance
http://kevinselby.com <-- Original Music (free downloads if you're smart enough to hack the music player...HAH!)

jazzweasel
new to this board
new to this board

Post by jazzweasel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am

First I have to profess my ignorance (newbie) and apologize if what I'm asking was answered somewhere here.

Is there a link that still exists to get the diagram of how the insert effects works?

I'm trying to bounce a track thru an effect but having problems. The first is I can't get the insert effect to go "on". I suspect this is because I recorded dry rather than wet - could that be the issue? Is there anyway to change that - copy a dry track to a wet track, or do I have to re-record as a wet track?

Second I'm a visual learner, so can anyone recommend a tutorial on line (Youtube, etc) that they found helpful in the past for any topic on the R16

Thanks in Advance
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:48 pm

jazzweasel wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am
Is there a link that still exists to get the diagram of how the insert effects works?
Beyond the user manual?
I'm trying to bounce a track thru an effect but having problems. The first is I can't get the insert effect to go "on". I suspect this is because I recorded dry rather than wet - could that be the issue? Is there anyway to change that - copy a dry track to a wet track, or do I have to re-record as a wet track?
Manual page 47 -- take note of the Insert Effect locations. Make sure the effect is set to TRACK, AND is active for the SOURCE track you are bouncing.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards