Need help turning on Reverb/Chorus on R24

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
hen tian
new to this board
new to this board

Need help turning on Reverb/Chorus on R24

Post by hen tian » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Happy holidays folks, noob here. I just got an R24 for xmas and need some help on getting the reverb and chorus functions to work. I read selbalicous' thread (btw AWESOME and TY dude), but the step by step instructions in it were for the insert effect. My issue relates to something more basic. I turned the insert effect "off", but then when I turn the reverb or chorus "on" and select patches, I do not get any effects. Am I doing something wrong or am I really that stupid?
0 x

selbalicious
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: Need help turning on Reverb/Chorus on R24

Post by selbalicious » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:38 pm

It sounds like you've turned ON the reverb/chorus effects from a "global" perspective.

Now you need to go to each track (start by pushing the Pan/EQ button and then push the Play/Mute/Rec button for Track 1) and then use the down arrow to navigate DOWNward until you get to Reverb Send and Chorus Send. They MIGHT be turned OFF, so you must hit the Enter button to turn them ON (and they might be sitting at 0) so you turn the jog wheel to turn UP some "send" for both Reverb and Chorus.

I recommend Soft Hall reverb and maybe the Guitar Chorus to get you started so that you can hear that the effects are being applied.

Have fun! What a great machine!
0 x
Kevin B. Selby
https://www.facebook.com/TheJKDuo/ <-- Live Performance
http://kevinselby.com <-- Original Music (free downloads if you're smart enough to hack the music player...HAH!)

hen tian
new to this board
new to this board

Post by hen tian » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 pm

You sir are indeed a Jedi zoom master. Works beautifully now thanks to you, cheers!
0 x

selbalicious
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by selbalicious » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Stop....you're making me giggle.

Jedi Zoom Master INDEED. NOBODY gave me a light saber (or is that sabre?).....or as my kids used to call them "Daddy...we want a light saver...." ("WELL THEN TURN OFF THE DANG BATHROOM LIGHTS"....i would yell).

Sigh...good times...

Meanwhile, not to abandon the R16 (cuz I'm not...at ALL)....BUT:
I have been having an absolute BLAST with my two new keyboards (Yamaha Motif XF8 and XF7) and I just figured out how to use the firewire outputs on the XF8 to dump 16 glorious tracks from the Motif directly into Cubase AI5 in full multi-track 24-bit grandeur. Then I master the mix in Cubase down to a 24-bit .wav "backing track" that I'll dump to a little netbook which we'll use to power our trio...thus freeing up the Motif for more awesome power during the gig. Ain't life grand?! It's gonna crack me up to start each song on that teensy eMachines netbook velcro'd to the XF7. HAH! I laugh in the face of audio engineer snobs. Laugh I tell you.
0 x
Kevin B. Selby
https://www.facebook.com/TheJKDuo/ <-- Live Performance
http://kevinselby.com <-- Original Music (free downloads if you're smart enough to hack the music player...HAH!)

teleblaster
new to this board
new to this board

Post by teleblaster » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:23 am

Hello: Can I just thank Selbalicious 6-1/2 years later as I've just joined this forum specifically to solve the NO REVERB problem on my new R8! I've been at my wits end I can tell you, but the functionality seems to be the same as the R24 those years back. While the answer may have been in the manual, I failed to find it and needed help....seriously.

Thank you!!!!
0 x