Finally a Zoom Family Member!

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
tls11823
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Finally a Zoom Family Member!

Post by tls11823 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 am

GV wrote:Hi tls11823,
Many thanks for such a thorough, clear and wonderfully written response.

You are whetting my appetite regarding Reaper.

Thanks, once again,

GV
No problem - happy to help. You can download Reaper and try it free (uncrippled) for a month. Give it a shot and see how it works. I couldn't be happier and haven't regretted moving from Sonar at all.
0 x
[color=#4000FF][i]I reject your reality and substitute my own
--Adam Savage--[/i][/color]

michaelmucklow
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: Finally a Zoom Family Member!

Post by michaelmucklow » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Well, I got rid of the R24. However, in its place is an R8.

I found that I didn't use the R24 as a controller as much as I thought; it was difficult for me to use the faders when switching banks, I kept messing up the volume levels in Reaper during mixing. I did make good use of it though as a recorder, even using the guitar amp sims on an album my duo recorded several years ago. Overall, I just never used more than 8 tracks because 1) I am primarily a solo guitarist and 2) even multi-instrument projects I do in Reaper.

Off went the R24 in favor of the R8, which has its place in my recording setup. I use it for solo/duo guitar projects and song idea sketching. I still greatly like the portability of these Zoom *R* units; take a guitar and my R8 out into the remote, plug in and record.

So I'm still in the Zoom family! :D
0 x
Fingerstyle Guitarist & Award Winning Composer
Zoom: R8, H4n, MRS-4, PS-04, G3, MS-50G, MS-70CDR, AC-2
REAPER | MacBook Pro | Beyerdynamic DT 770 | IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors
Yamaha SLG200N, SLG200S, APX-500iii, RBX170EW | Ibanez AC240OPN | Epiphone Les Paul Studio | Hofner Shorty Bass | Cigar Box Guitar | Irish Bouzouki