Zoom R8 SD card Loops Data Gone

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
whippersnapper
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom R8 SD card Loops Data Gone

Post by whippersnapper » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum.
I have just got myself a Zoom R8 and find it so much easier to use than the Boss Micro BR80.
To use it on Audio Interface with Logic Pro on my Mac is easy in comparison. At last the manufacturers are making stuff that works with other stuff!!!!!
Anyway to the point now...For some reason I kept getting error messages coming up on the screen so I formatted the SD card which sorted that problem out BUT!!!!!!......The manual says the SD card has a LOOPS folder with loops in it and when I tried to programme a loop onto a track there were'nt any to choose from.
I know that by formatting the card it gets rid of all the data but what I cannot understand is how all the drum stuff is still there?
If you format the card, the data goes permanently but the folders remain but empty. I understand that but how are the drum loops still there and all the effects? Or are those permanently stored on the machine somewhere? Don't get it. :?
Where and how can I reinstate the missing loops from the loop folder?
There are supposed to be all and a number of AMPS to choose from ( Page 120 ) of the manual. How do I get to them?
There does not seem to be a support mechanism to deal with idiots like me?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :?
0 x

BlueDogMusicOZ
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Zoom R8 SD card Loops Data Gone

Post by BlueDogMusicOZ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 pm

The drum loops are only on the card.

This is perhaps a lesson for everyone... Back up everything... often!! All your tracks etc... often!

Maybe someone will send you the 500mb of files and you can just put them back on.. we all have them. :shock:
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 pm

As stated, loop samples were on the SD card -- and formatting a card wipes out EVERYTHING on the card.

"effects" are software algorithms in the unit itself (custom parameters will be stored with the project on the SD card, but the algorithm itself is in the firmware). That is -- the recorded data is the data fed to a computer program which produces the sound of the effect.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

whippersnapper
new to this board
new to this board

Post by whippersnapper » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Wulfraed wrote:As stated, loop samples were on the SD card -- and formatting a card wipes out EVERYTHING on the card.

"effects" are software algorithms in the unit itself (custom parameters will be stored with the project on the SD card, but the algorithm itself is in the firmware). That is -- the recorded data is the data fed to a computer program which produces the sound of the effect.
Okay..I understand that now. Thanks for making it clear.
When I read about the data being wiped off the card, I understood that to be USER RECORDED DATA of which there were only a few of when I was experimenting with my new toy.
I did not expect it to wipe the loops off as well.
Question!!!!!!
I have LOGIC PRO on my Mac. Can I export some of the loops from that programme to the Zoom R8?
Thanks for you help guys.
0 x

dbreslauer
new to this board
new to this board

Post by dbreslauer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm

whippersnapper wrote: I have LOGIC PRO on my Mac. Can I export some of the loops from that programme to the Zoom R8?
Yup! I just checked, and all the loops are just standard .wav files. you can just drop them straight in.

Don
Last edited by dbreslauer on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:27 pm

dbreslauer wrote:
whippersnapper wrote:
Wulfraed wrote: I have LOGIC PRO on my Mac. Can I export some of the loops from that programme to the Zoom R8?
Yup! I just checked, and all the loops are just standard .wav files. you can just drop them straight in.

Don
Please be careful with the editing... You have me attributed for something I never stated.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

dbreslauer
new to this board
new to this board

Post by dbreslauer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Wulfraed wrote: Please be careful with the editing... You have me attributed for something I never stated.
oops! fixed.
0 x

Unbridled
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Unbridled » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:35 pm

I know this is a very old thread, but I don't know if it is better to post in an existing thread or start a new one.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the loops that originally come with the R8.

When I first got my R8, I was a little over anxious to get going and only glanced at the manual and formatted the stock SD card, thus deleting the loops. I don't know if I'll actually use them, but it would be nice to see if they would be of any use.

Thanks!

Edit: Disregard. A great member here set me up with them.
0 x

luckyluca
new to this board
new to this board

Post by luckyluca » Tue May 02, 2017 8:40 am

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, I've recently purchased a second hand z8 and the previous owner accidentally wiped the sdcard.

Could a nice soul kindly point me to the additional z8 drum loops? Many thanks!
L

EDIT: I'm now sorted, many thanks!
0 x

GrantsV
new to this board
new to this board

Post by GrantsV » Wed May 17, 2017 6:42 am

Hi, does anyone have a link to the loops? I formatted my card too!!
0 x