R24 USB/Interface mode problem

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
BobF
dues paid
dues paid

R24 USB/Interface mode problem

Post by BobF » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:05 am

I think I have a hardware problem that I'm hoping is a physically broken-fixable kind of thing.

When I connect my R24 in IF mode it connects/disconnects over and over again. I've powered with the the adapter to rule out power problems, different USB ports and other devices in the same ports (and same cable) I'm connecting the R24 to.

Have any of you had a similar problem? Anybody crack it open and actually solve it themselves?

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: R24 USB/Interface mode problem

Post by Wulfraed » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:47 pm

BobF wrote:I think I have a hardware problem that I'm hoping is a physically broken-fixable kind of thing.

When I connect my R24 in IF mode it connects/disconnects over and over again. I've powered with the the adapter to rule out power problems, different USB ports and other devices in the same ports (and same cable) I'm connecting the R24 to.

Have any of you had a similar problem? Anybody crack it open and actually solve it themselves?
Does it work in USB card reader mode?

If it does, the problem is likely not hardware but firmware, and opening the case won't help -- is the firmware up to date on the device.

I'd suggest also connecting to some other computer, but that might require installing the R24 IF drivers (maybe not -- I seem to recall that without the Zoom IF driver you may still be able to see it as a 2-channel stereo device).
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to learn to play an instrument

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Thanks ... I installed the updated drivers and gave it a quick tryout and it seems to be working OK now. I'll have to burn it in good to be sure.

STANMAN
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by STANMAN » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:30 am

The drivers may be suspect. They crash my DAW at opening and closing. Sometimes can't even get to the settings screen. Definately driver issues. Mackie control works great but interface with current drivers is unusable. It's a common problem with many DAWS.