Record while playing loops with pads?

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
itm
new to this board
new to this board

Record while playing loops with pads?

Post by itm » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:39 pm

I have recorded 3 guitar loops on 3 separate tracks in my project. I have also assigned a rhythm pattern to a 4th track. What I want to do is play the 3 guitar loops using the pads in real time, while the rhythm track is playing, and record the output onto an empty track - i.e. I want to assemble and record the song in real time using the pads. Is this possible?

crowley

Re: Record while playing loops with pads?

Post by crowley » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:42 pm

"Record while playing loops with pads?

Postby itm » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:39 pm
I have recorded 3 guitar loops on 3 separate tracks in my project. I have also assigned a rhythm pattern to a 4th track. What I want to do is play the 3 guitar loops using the pads in real time, while the rhythm track is playing, and record the output onto an empty track - i.e. I want to assemble and record the song in real time using the pads. Is this possible?"

From an R8 pov - yes - if it's simply going to be a matter of pressing the guitar Loop pads pads on and off... i'd probably sequence them in the Track sequencer then bounce all to another track.

You wouldn't need to press anything other than Play/record.

I think you need to look at BOUNCE in the manual - and Track sequencer if you wish to do it as suggested.

If you mean you don't want the Rhythm Track recorded and just assemble the 3 guitars to one track - definitely use the sequencer.