R24 Playback Problem . . . to say the least.

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
DCW
new to this board
new to this board

R24 Playback Problem . . . to say the least.

Post by DCW » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:32 pm

R24 problem: I hit record, have a signal, record our band's rehearsal, using the inbuilt mics. When I get home, sometimes the performance is there, sometimes there's nothing on there at all, and sometimes there's a few seconds, then nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you, in advance.

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: R24 Playback Problem . . . to say the least.

Post by Wulfraed » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:44 am

Difficult to hypothesize on such vague description.

Do you ever monitor the device during a session to see if it is still recording?
I presume you've pressed [REC] the first time to start standby mode, and that the press you mention in your post is the second press to start recording (This is different behavior from the R16, in which one has to press both [REC] and [PLAY] to start the recording -- [REC] toggles in/out of standby, [PLAY] from standby records)

How are you powering the unit?

Do you allow enough time when stopping the recording for the system to finish writing files to the memory card -- and also allow time when turning the power off before removing the power source (if not using batteries). Closing projects takes some time.

Have you tried a different memory card, formatted in the device.
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to learn to play an instrument