Hearing previously recorded take on record enabled track

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
welldonep
new to this board
new to this board

Hearing previously recorded take on record enabled track

Post by welldonep » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Hello ... I tried to find an answer to this by searching, but came up empty, so I figured I would post a query. I think I may be going crazy because I have owned the R16 for some time, but one thing has escaped me concerning the monitoring of a record enabled track. It appears that 'sometimes' after I have recorded a track, if it is still in record enabled mode, I will hear the previous take, and sometimes I do not. I realize that as soon as I hit the record button in this mode, I no longer hear the previous take, but I know there have been times that I do not hear it. Is there something I am missing here? When I am recording, it seems to me that when in record mode, I should only be hearing the input source (microphone, or direct input, etc), and not what was previously recording on the track when playing back, but unless I hit record, I am hearing the previous take. Again, the only reason why I ask is because I'm nearly certain that there have been times when I do not hear the previously recorded part when I am in record mode. If anyone could clarify, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
0 x