R24 Combo Inputs TooTight

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Straydog
new to this board
new to this board

R24 Combo Inputs TooTight

Post by Straydog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:21 pm

My new R24 is making me nervous. When I try to unplug a 1/4" guitar cable from the combo connectors it is VERY tight. I am afraid that the tip will break off inside the unit and then I'll have BIG problems. Is this just the nature of the beast? Will it loosen up after some use? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a certain make of cable that works best? Maybe someone that has used theirs for awhile can give me some insight. I've searched this forum and can't find much about it. :?: Thanks

mikethebass
dues paid
dues paid

Re: R24 Combo Inputs TooTight

Post by mikethebass » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:20 pm

This is quite a well known problem, it seems to affect some inputs of some machines and can depend on the guitar lead you use.

After having a problem with my R16.
I don't use jack leads. I either use jack / XLR adaptors or Jack into a DI box, passive will do, and XLR / XLR from the DI box.

Straydog
new to this board
new to this board

Re: R24 Combo Inputs TooTight

Post by Straydog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks for that. I had a friend make me a 1/4" to xlr cable to use. My question now is , using the xlr input, does the Hi Z button still come into play or is it bypassed using xlr?