Track settings for EQ, pan and send-return level

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
dutchnederland
new to this board
new to this board

Track settings for EQ, pan and send-return level

Post by dutchnederland » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:24 am

On page 38 of the R16_operationManual_english.pdf.

Get to step 4, press [Enter] to confirm the settings.

But it doesn't work?

Because in step 3 -> ON/OFF. Press ENTER

So how does this work?
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Track settings for EQ, pan and send-return level

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:43 am

You must be reporting the Adobe page count -- Steps 1-4 show up on page 37 as marked /in/ the document.

It's somewhat confusing as the first part of step 3 shows how to toggle the EQ/Send Level parameters On/Off

Pan and Fader do not have On/Off (and Stereo Link does have On/Off but does not use the ENTER key if I read the table on page #38 correctly.

For the most part -- ignore step 4 (based on step 7 in the HD16 manual, "Enter" was probably supposed to be "Exit" -- ie; "Exit" the setting mode to confirm [that the settings sound like what you wanted])
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

dutchnederland
new to this board
new to this board

Post by dutchnederland » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:27 am

@Wulfraed : thanks for the information, but when i set some setting and then turn off the R16.
Then when i start it up again setting are back to normal, so it wont be like it set it?
0 x

mikethebass
dues paid
dues paid

Post by mikethebass » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:40 am

HI dutchnederland,

All the track settings are tied to individual projects.

Just to see if things are working properly can I suggest that you try the following which works on my R16.

1 Create a new project and when asked if you want to use existing settings choose Reset.
This will set all the tracks to the default.

2 Accept the Project name PR and three numbers.

3 Press Pan / EQ switch and if necessary track one button. The indicator should be amber.

4 Set the pan 100 L.

5 Press track 3 button

6 Set Pan 100 R

7 Press Pan / EQ button.

8 Press Project button This will save the project with these settings. The Project menu will reappear in the display.

9 Turn the R16 off. Wait for the Saving Project message to disappear before unplugging.

10 Turn the R16 back on it will open the last project you had open and the Pan settings should be .

Track 1 100 Left Track 2 Center Track 3 100 Right.

All the EQ and send returns work in a similar manner

Hope this helps.
0 x