R24 not overwriting files after bouncing tracks!?

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Rolymofo
new to this board
new to this board

R24 not overwriting files after bouncing tracks!?

Post by Rolymofo » Wed May 03, 2017 10:55 am

I've recently bought a brand new latest version R24 and have come across a curious problem. Set to overwrite files, all works as it should UNTILL I performed a bounce track, it then saves ALL subsequent recorded files, I've checked and its still set to overwrite.... But it does not !!.
.this includes mastering, where it saves all masters. The saving grace is the most recent take has an asterix next to it, but I don't want a project with literally dozens and dozens of unwanted files, it does this on all projects and even on different SD cards and only starts occurring after the first bounce/ master track... Any ideas?
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: R24 not overwriting files after bouncing tracks!?

Post by Wulfraed » Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Third "HINT" bullet, page 43 of the manual (bouncing) "A new file will be created in the project"

Overwrite/new take applies, I believe, only to recording from inputs, not to bounce/mastering.

If it is not overwriting takes from inputs, did you remember to disable bounce mode before going back to recording the inputs.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to learn to play an instrument

Rolymofo
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Rolymofo » Wed May 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks for replying so soon, dust covers are on for the night now, I'll try a new test project tomorrow and reply, cheers, I really appreciate your input.
0 x

Rolymofo
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Rolymofo » Thu May 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi, I have a feeling that you've nailed it, that is def possible, many thanks. Some test projects today were OK, except for the Master tracks, which contrary to the booklet are all kept, maybe no bad thing.
Many thanks.
0 x