Zoom R24 Drum System

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
gameweb
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom R24 Drum System

Post by gameweb » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 am

Hey everyone,

I have a Zoom R24 and I wanna know if I can use the drum pads on the bottom to record the midis live while listening to my records.
I hope that's possible because programming them feels really stiff and I want to atleast play along my recorded things.

Greetings from germany,

Finn
0 x

MoonBassAlpha
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: Zoom R24 Drum System

Post by MoonBassAlpha » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:26 am

The R24 doesn't have midi out. Did you mean recording the pad hits into a DAW?
0 x
R24, MRS1608, (MRS1266 -For Sale)

gameweb
new to this board
new to this board

Post by gameweb » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:01 am

Exactly I wanted to recorded drums with those pads. In the drum computer settings you can play them with the pads and it has also variations of pressure etc. So why would there be no way to record those pad hits while playing my music?
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:23 am

gameweb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:01 am
Exactly I wanted to recorded drums with those pads. In the drum computer settings you can play them with the pads and it has also variations of pressure etc. So why would there be no way to record those pad hits while playing my music?
I suspect you could -- using BOUNCE/Mastering algorithms... BUT -- that would also be mixing the playback "music" into the destination track at the same time. Other than that, the pads are not considered an "input"; they are closer to a set of pre-built samples for the track sequencer function.

There are two ways to set up "patterns": the step method which requires moving to each time point and entering the pad, and the real time mode where you play the pads using a metronome for timing.

The conceptual idea is that you do the rhythm FIRST, and THEN record the music while listening to the rhythm track.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards