Zoom R8 AD 17 problem

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
sashadrmich
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom R8 AD 17 problem

Post by sashadrmich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:54 am

I have a problem with the Zoom R8 ... I recently bought the AD 17 charger and when there no battery goes off every time when I try to record something ... with the battery it works quite normal .... I do not understand what the problem is.....please help....thanks
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Zoom R8 AD 17 problem

Post by Wulfraed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:46 am

Just tossing a thought out, but did you define the correct battery type (manual page 112)

You also state you just "bought the AD-17" -- but, in the US at least, the manual (page 3) states that the unit COMES WITH the adapter.

Since there is no explicit power jack shown in the manual, I'm guessing the AD-17 is a USB power adapter. Have you tried using a different USB cable? Have you tried powering it from a computer USB port?
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards