Zoom R8 As Audio Interface Problem

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Cuag
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom R8 As Audio Interface Problem

Post by Cuag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:36 am

I recently bought a Zoom R8 and I really really like that. I have a question about function of audio interface. If you help me I will be very glad. :)

I have Mbox 3 mini audio interface. I can open and play Guitar Rig 5 and winamp (to play any backing track for guitar) at the same time with Mbox 3 Mini. But When I try do this with Zoom R8 (as audio interface), it can play only one of them. When winamp is opened, guitar rig 5 asio driver is not responding. (My os : Windows 7 Sp1)

Is it a limitation of Zoom R8 Audio Interface function or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Zoom R8 As Audio Interface Problem

Post by Wulfraed » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:49 am

Most likely, the Windows driver for the R8 does not allow for sharing. I presume you have selected the same driver in both winamp and "guitar rig 5".

It is not a matter of the R8 hardware, itself, as that is only responding to a stream of USB packets being provided by the driver (and sending anything from inputs back to the driver -- which may not know how to distribute inputs to multiple applications so only allows for one application to open the driver at a time).
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX; Ovation CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Cuag
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom R8 As Audio Interface Problem

Post by Cuag » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:41 am

Yes unfortunately programs use same driver.

"Most likely, the Windows driver for the R8 does not allow for sharing"

I think your opinion is the best answer for me. Like you said, in this case, it looks like r8 can not share the driver.

Thanks for helps.
0 x