Record track sequencer while retaining original tracks?

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
itm
new to this board
new to this board

Record track sequencer while retaining original tracks?

Post by itm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:54 am

I have used the track sequencer to create a song from 3 tracks (guitar, vocal, bass). I now want to record/save the track sequencer recording (for upload to a DAW) while retaining the track separation - i.e. I want to save it as 3 separate tracks. (How) is this possible?
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Record track sequencer while retaining original tracks?

Post by Wulfraed » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 am

itm wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:54 am
I have used the track sequencer to create a song from 3 tracks (guitar, vocal, bass). I now want to record/save the track sequencer recording (for upload to a DAW) while retaining the track separation - i.e. I want to save it as 3 separate tracks. (How) is this possible?
Short answer: You don't...

You either bounce the result of the sequencer into a single (stereo) file (losing the track separation), OR

You take the three tracks you currently have, and recreate the sequence using the DAW capabilities (ie: cut&paste copies of the audio snippets to produce the desired number of repeats/trigger points, and shift the snippets as needed for proper time points)
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

itm
new to this board
new to this board

Post by itm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks for confirming. Not the news I was hoping for but at least I don't have to waste any more time trying to work out how to do it!
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:42 pm

You might be able to do three bounces -- one for each track, with the other tracks muted/-inf on the fader. That would get you three tracks in alignment, and for the full length of the sequencer data. Since I don't have a device with that style of sequencer I can't give any confirmation.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

itm
new to this board
new to this board

Post by itm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:27 pm

It looks like the track sequencer doesn't allow individual tracks to be bounced, or at least I can't find a way to do it!
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Running the fader to the bottom for the source tracks doesn't do anything? I'd have though the track volume would apply to what the sequencer is playing back.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed

itm
new to this board
new to this board

Post by itm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Ah yes thanks that seemed to work. I'm still trying to get my head around the workflow for using the sequencer!
0 x