Send return effects problemd

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
josiedog
new to this board
new to this board

Send return effects problemd

Post by josiedog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi - I'm probably doing something basic wrong here. Having issues with send return effects. For instance, I'll put an effect on input 1, such as detune, but when recording on input 2, if I use a different effect, such as echo, it changes the effect on input 1 to the same, losing the detune. Had the zoom R24 since July, not encountered this before. Any ideas?
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Send return effects problemd

Post by Wulfraed » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:21 pm

A selected Send/Return effect applies to all tracks. What you have control over is "how much" of the track gets sent to the effect. Manual page 41: REV SEND and CHO SEND. That is all -- if the effects you are selecting are in the same category, you can only pick one to be active across the board. If one is a REVerb effect, and the other is CHOrus/Delay, you CAN have both of those active -- and use the send levels for each track to control which/how-much of each track goes to each effect.
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

josiedog
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Send return effects problemd

Post by josiedog » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:04 am

Oh right. That's a shame. Thanks for reply...
0 x