R16 SD Card Used In R24

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Chris T
new to this board
new to this board

R16 SD Card Used In R24

Post by Chris T » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 pm

I read what I could find on this topic but it wasn't clear as to why or how ....
I'd like to record 8 tracks on an R-16 , then take that SD card from the R-16 and put it in the R-24...
I guess, in the end, the tracks wouldn't line up ... Not sure why as they're the same unit with 8 extra tracks in the R-24..... ????
Thanks,
Chris
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: R16 SD Card Used In R24

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 pm

1) there is nothing to "align". Unlike the HDx (and my BOSS units) data is not tied to takes on tracks. Files get assigned to tracks ad-hoc (assignment is stored in an info file for each project).

2) The directory structure is different -- the top level directory on the R24 is named "ZOOM_R24" (R24 page 89) and projects are located inside it. In contrast, the R16 puts project directories themselves at the top level of the card (R16 page 56).

In order to move audio files en-mass, you will need to use a computer to pull files from one device project/audio directory, place them into the other device's project/audio directory, and then use the device itself to assign the files to tracks.

For one or two files, it may be easier to use a USB memory stick and the individual file save/load functions.
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Chris T
new to this board
new to this board

Re: R16 SD Card Used In R24

Post by Chris T » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks For Your Help ...
Well , DARN IT , That's not what I wanted to read .... But at least I know now and don't have to waste time trying it.
Thanks Again,
Chris T.
0 x