Wav files from computer onto R-24 SD Card

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Chris T
new to this board
new to this board

Wav files from computer onto R-24 SD Card

Post by Chris T » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm

So , These
Screenshot R-24 Project 001_ Wav Files from Computer.jpg
are on my Computer - I need to get them onto the SD card in the R-24 as a new project. .. The Manual Is ZERO Help... I even Emailed Zoom , and I'm sure they told me correctly, but I'm 4 days into trying EVERY WAY POSSIBLE, with No Results ... But then again, I'm Stoooopid .... Anyone have a simple way ? Or did anyone ever make a you tube video on this ?
Thanx,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Wav files from computer onto R-24 SD Card

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Presuming a NEW project...

Create a new project with the proper bit-depth/sample-rate to match the files.

Attach in card-reader mode

Copy the files to the AUDIO directory of the new project

Disconnect.

Use the R24 to assign files to tracks.
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Chris T
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Chris T » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 am

THANK YOU for responding...
This all happened when i got the message " NO PROJECT, PRESS EXIT " ...... WTF !!!!! And it wouldn't let me record anything, or even LOAD that project ... I was using the SD Card that CAME WITH THE R-24 !!! Zoom told me in an Email " Oh , WE WOULDN'T RECOMMEND USING THAT CARD " ....So ....
Yes, I called them back and they're very nice and very helpful ..... but in their own Technical Way, just kinda wanted to get this Moron ( Me ) off the phone ... .... Of course I can't find fault or point any blame on them because I don't understand it , that's all on me - ... - I ended up figuring it out myself and for anyone else with this situation, the manual is horrible, and the first time I tried it, I used the USB .... NOPE ! Can't Do That !!
I think the secret that's not in the manual ( There's ALWAYS that little piece of info you'll need that they DO NOT PROVIDE ) ... Is that , After you've copied the MONO WAV / Tracks into the R-24 from the Card Reader through the Host in the computer , you need to Assign them to tracks yes, but it never shows a screenshot in the manual of the R-24 screen that says NEW TAKE .... not that i saw - But Just select that and it's simple... But anyway , All is well ... I got my song/tracks back...
Thank You.
1 x

sciurius
been here a while
been here a while

Post by sciurius » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Maybe page 91?
0 x
Zoom H2n, Zoom R24, Ardour, Audacity on Linux (Fedora)

Chris T
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Chris T » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Thank You , Yes & No , Yes Because , That shows my MONO Tracks , But No, Because It said "NEW TAKE" next to each one and page 91, or any other page I've seen, Doesn't show it ..... But Honestly, I could be missing it..... I'm not a manual page seeker .... I'd rather learn from Doing , which includes making mistakes and taking it the long way ( Insert Joke Here ) ....... !!!!!! I never even looked at page 91 !!!!!!
Thank You.
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Post by Wulfraed » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Chris T wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:25 pm
Thank You , Yes & No , Yes Because , That shows my MONO Tracks , But No, Because It said "NEW TAKE" next to each one
STEREO tracks require that you use LINKED PAIRS when assigning files -- see page 20
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

sciurius
been here a while
been here a while

Post by sciurius » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:40 am

I may be one of an almost extinct kind, but I try to read the manual at least once from cover to cover, preferably before even unpacking a new toy. There is a lot of interesting information, even in bad manuals.
0 x
Zoom H2n, Zoom R24, Ardour, Audacity on Linux (Fedora)

Chris T
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Chris T » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 am

True, and I'm wrong to skip it .... I find that manuals usually show off the product and what it can do, Not so much HOW to do it .... and as a result, Let the confusion begin ...... But , not an excuse .... Thanks....
0 x