Zoom R8 Date/Time keep resetting

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
qkrgusdb33
member in good standing
member in good standing

Zoom R8 Date/Time keep resetting

Post by qkrgusdb33 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:07 am

as the title says
it keep on resetting
what make this happen??
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Re: Zoom R8 Date/Time keep resetting

Post by Wulfraed » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 am

Notes at the bottom of manual page 15 (though I'd have thought having batteries installed would sustain the clock -- the manual is not clear if "no power is supplied" means power-off with no power supply/battery or power-off with power supply/battery

Hmm -- manual for my R16 has the same warnings... I normally don't keep batteries in the devices as I don't use them that often; for messing around my first grab would be the BOSS BR-800, just for size and on-board editing features.

I'm going to put batteries in the R16, set time, and then power off for around 5 minutes

Okay -- 9 minutes since I set the time, let's see what the R16 does...

Well -- still held correct time, so it looks like having a good set of batteries installed holds the clock circuit. I have not tested to see if connecting a power-supply (or USB power) when batteries are holding the clock might cause a glitch that resets the clock. Of course, make sure the device is "off" when connecting power sources.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

sciurius
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Zoom R8 Date/Time keep resetting

Post by sciurius » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:31 am

I would be greatly disappointed if batteries wouldn't keep the clock running. The "one minute without power" is clearly meant to be able to replace batteries.

The only clue I can find in the R24 manual is p.124, "Error Message List", at "Messages that are shown frequently":

Reset DATE/TIME Setting lost because the batteries died.

But this is R24. The R16 and R8 could be different. The H2n loses its DATE/TIME immedeately when the batteries are removed.
0 x