lOOP lOFT LOOPS

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
kencoxglendoick
new to this board
new to this board

lOOP lOFT LOOPS

Post by kencoxglendoick » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:07 pm

My R24 works fine with all the .wav files from loop suppliers with the exception of Loop loft. The R24 finds the files in the folder but when you click on it to play or load it gives an error message 'invalid file'. I have tried converting to mp3 and back to .wav. Loop cant seem to help and nor can Zoom. Each blames the other. Any ideas. It seems to be the case with all Looploft loops and not with any other loops I use.
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: lOOP lOFT LOOPS

Post by Wulfraed » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Just out of curiosity, if you load one into some DAW package, what parameters/properties are shown? Mono/Stereo... sample width (16/24 bit), sample rate (44.1kHz, 48kHz, other).

I'd also NOT recommend using a WAV->MP3->WAV route; any decent DAW (or just WAV editor) should allow for a save-as which should create a new file (especially if you do something to the source data in the editor -- even just a normalization to a level a fraction of dB off from the existing level).
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards