Creating Tracks on R24 using Plugins on Macbook Pro

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
fjs714
been here a while
been here a while

Creating Tracks on R24 using Plugins on Macbook Pro

Post by fjs714 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Fellas
I want to record directly onto the zoom R24 using plugins (ex. Omnisphere, Kontakt). I have my midi keyboard set up into my Macbook Pro. Should I use my Headphone jack to the R24? Is there a better way for best audio quality?
Thanks Frank
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Creating Tracks on R24 using Plugins on Macbook Pro

Post by Wulfraed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Well... a proper Line-Out (fixed level) would be better than a headphone (variable level) jack...

Personally -- I'd probably just create WAV files on the computer and copy them into a project. That avoids the whole degradation of taking a digital signal, passing through a DAC to create analog, then feeding that analog signal to the input of the R24 where the second step (I'm presuming the input gain controls are still acting in the analog realm) is to run the peaked analog signal through an ADC for the purposes of recording digital data.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

fjs714
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Creating Tracks on R24 using Plugins on Macbook Pro

Post by fjs714 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:33 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Didn't think about all the conversions from digital to analog.
0 x