HD16 - record zoom drums in 8 track mode

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Daffowd
dues paid
dues paid

HD16 - record zoom drums in 8 track mode

Post by Daffowd » Thu May 17, 2018 9:26 am

Hi,

Nice to see the forum is still going after 10 years of being away!
I'm using my HD16 a lot more these days for live record of rehearsals.

Is there a way to record the HD16 drums to an audio track if I'm in 8 track mode?

I was recording bass, vocals, keys and guitar at the same time - and did several different songs, all in one project. I was setting different drum patterns and tempos for each song, but obviously none of this was recorded.

I know i could solve this be recording each song on a new project, but setting this up every time is a bit frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Daf
0 x
Daf

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: HD16 - record zoom drums in 8 track mode

Post by Wulfraed » Thu May 17, 2018 9:51 am

To my knowledge, the only way to /record/ the rhythm system is during a bounce operation -- by muting all the "real" tracks so only the MIDI-based drum/bass unit is heard (and you probably want to bounce that to a linked stereo pair -- as I recall the drum kits have some stereo placement in them).

If you have been setting that up "live", I do hope you've been saving the patterns/arrangements in the project so you can later bring them back up for use.

Unfortunately, the mixer "scene" function does not include rhythm pattern/arrangement information, so you can't automate the switch-over.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Daffowd
dues paid
dues paid

Re: HD16 - record zoom drums in 8 track mode

Post by Daffowd » Thu May 17, 2018 11:43 am

Thanks Wulfraed for your help.

I've not saved the pattern in the project.

It's not a big deal - I could have just created a new project each time.
But that seems to take longer and longer as my HD gets fuller.

I wouldn't care about the stereo of the drums, it's just for recording a rehearsal when the drummer isnt there.
0 x
Daf