Problem with setting up time signature

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
jaka1
new to this board
new to this board

Problem with setting up time signature

Post by jaka1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:29 pm

I simply cannot set up other time signature on ZOOM R8. When I set up along the manual and when I come back, I still have the 4/4 time signature. I noticed from one video on Youtube, that the relevant figures are not in brackets, but I have it in round brackets or parentheses (see the arows in the picture). Can somebody help?
(Sorry, English is not my native language.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
>>Jaroslav<< (English is not my native language) I own ZOOM R8, ZOOM G1Xon

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Problem with setting up time signature

Post by Wulfraed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:18 pm

The rhythm pattern editor is NOT where you set time-signature for a project.

Time signatures are set in the Track Sequencer (page 18 of the manual).
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

jaka1
new to this board
new to this board

Post by jaka1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:59 am

Thank you very much for your answer. Well, I should describe it a more widely, but I hoped it would be clear from the part I wrote: „When I set up along the manual“… As to the picture, I thought that it might have relation.
OK, more widely. I was setting it up along this part of manual (pg 18), but when I got back, wanting to set rhytm pattern (pg 49), I still have the basic time signature 4/4. And the rhytm patterns still play in the 4/4. Then, what am I neglecting or passing over? I tried it several times but I could not to find out.
Jaroslav
0 x
>>Jaroslav<< (English is not my native language) I own ZOOM R8, ZOOM G1Xon

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Post by Wulfraed » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 am

Page 49 (in my copy of the manual) describes selecting a pre-defined rhythm pattern. To my knowledge, ALL the built-in patterns are in 4/4 (the R16, which I own, does not have a rhythm feature at all -- only a basic metronome).

I'll admit that I don't understand how setting the track sequencer signature interacts with actual rhythm patterns -- it may only apply to using the metronome without setting rhythm patterns. Page 20. (Actually, that IS part of what the last NOTE says: The metronome follows the time-signature set in the track sequencer)
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

mcdaggett
new to this board
new to this board

Post by mcdaggett » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:56 am

I scrolled through the R24's pre-defined rhythm patterns and there are three with a 3/4 and one with a 5/4 signature. That's it. In case you're going to program your own patterns, the R24 manual states "navigate to the quantization area". Yeah, thanks. It's by pushing arrow buttons left, up, right, right, as I've learned from a video on YT. Just saying.
0 x