R16 Buying advice.

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
rabbm
new to this board
new to this board

R16 Buying advice.

Post by rabbm » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Hello everyone.

Firstly thanks to the contributors who keep this forum alive.

I have a Zoom MRS1266, but in this modern age of laptop recording, having to burn to cd in order to take the songs off is annoying.

I am looking at buying the R16 due to the USB transfer.

1) is it a simple case of connecting a usb cable between the R16 and laptop and transferring the songs?

2) If possible i want the easiest, quickest way to get songs off the unit.

3) Also, is it the same inputs as the MRS1266?

4) if anyone has any other product suggestions, i`d appreciate it.

Thank you for any help/suggestions. Ideally i`ll be buying in the next week.
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: R16 Buying advice.

Post by Wulfraed » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Have you downloaded and studied the manual for the R16? The R-series have significantly different operational style (no V-takes, instead one has to assign/deassign files to tracks; practically no on-board track editing [trim beginning, copy track -- no partial editing]; and the R-16 has NO rhythm capability beyond a built-in metronome)
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

hoodoo voodoo
dues paid
dues paid

Post by hoodoo voodoo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am

Wulf is right, you should read the manual...you can download it from the Zoom.jp website...or see one of the many YouTube videos related to its use.

Short answer regarding getting the music off the R16 and into your computer...yes you can either transfer via USB cable...or (faster) take out the SD card, slide it into your computer's SD card reader and copy the files directly into your computer. They won't be 'songs'.....they'll be the individual audio files (eg vocals, instruments, drums) which make up a song.
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:17 pm

hoodoo voodoo wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am
They won't be 'songs'
Unless, of course, one has done a mixdown/bounce to the Master file :twisted:
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards