Bass missing

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Sergio
new to this board
new to this board

Bass missing

Post by Sergio » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in this forum and I write with the Google translator, I'm sorry. I have a question about the r16 zoom, I have loaded a file. Wav with a drums and bassline, when I assign it to a virtual stereo track 15/16 the bass disappears, incredible, you know why
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Bass missing

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Information....

We want... Information
Since you mention 15/16, I presume the WAV file is STEREO. How was the WAV file created? Was the bass on one channel (left or right) with the drums on the other channel (right or left) -- and if so, which?.

Did you stereo link tracks 15/16? (Granted, you aren't supposed to be able to assign a stereo file to unlinked track pair)

Have you cycled the faders full down and up for both tracks (it could be that one is set at -inf). Have you armed both tracks for playback?
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

Sergio
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Sergio » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:22 am

Sorry for the lack of data and thanks for your interest. It's very funny, since the file sounds perfect on tracks 7/8. It is a bounce stereo .wav file generated with Logic but when I assign it to tracks 15/16 for example, it only sounds the drums. Thank you
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Post by Wulfraed » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:41 am

That still sounds like the track parameters for the second bank are not matching the first bank.

Manual pages 37-38, compare the values for 7 then 8, then for 15 and 16. In particular PAN (balance), Fader, ST Link; though also glance at the EQ and send levels. Also make sure you don't have an insert effect programmed on any of the track outputs.
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards