Is my Zoom R16 broken?

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
OHanfmann1
new to this board
new to this board

Is my Zoom R16 broken?

Post by OHanfmann1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Hey guys, sadly I turned on my Zoom today to find that not all the tracks are lighting up as usual, instead of 8 tracks lit only 4 of them light up when you boot with the green decibel reader light, the others stay off, and then one by one (track 3-6) 6 goes, 5 goes, 4 goes, and then 3 just flickers. I can still play audio through it but recording nothing atm.

Using Cubase 9.5 and it hasn't given me any problems before, bussing is there, audio connections show the inputs are connected and 'Active,' but no sound. Now I am using an old USB cord to power it (because I don't own the actual power cord for it) but I switched to another (albeit also old) usb cord and same thing happened.

Could it be a new USB will do the trick or getting the actual power cord or does it sound like the unit just can't keep a continuous electrical charge?

As a sidenote this thing has never even left my desk since I got it, I never dropped it or anything or moved it while it was operating, etc.

Any other tips would be much appreciated, trying not to take this to a shop if I don't have to. :neutral:
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Is my Zoom R16 broken?

Post by Wulfraed » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:00 pm

What does it do with a fresh set of AA batteries?
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards