R24 drum pattern step input.

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
stever99
new to this board
new to this board

R24 drum pattern step input.

Post by stever99 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:31 am

Can anybody please help? How to input the following: 4/4 time. Bass drum 1/4 beat,snare 1/4 beat,rest 1/8 beat,hi hat 1/8 beat,snare 1/8 beat,Bass drum 1/8 beat.I find the instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired.The HD16 was much better i think.

Kind Regards
Steve :drum:
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: R24 drum pattern step input.

Post by Wulfraed » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:48 pm

The HD16 has a true "drum machine"; the R24 is a sample sequencer :drum:

Page 68 -- Set quantization to 1/8 (since that is the smallest beat you mention, and you don't say anything about having them offset). Set number of measures (presuming just one given your description). Set beats to 4.

Page 70:2 -- each box will be a 1/8 (quantize) step.
Cursor to the first column[box], play the bass drum.
Cursor to the third column, play the snare.
Cursor to the sixth column, high hat.
Seventh column, snare.
Eighth column, bass.

The only major difference I see is that the HDx "STEP" button is used to "enter" all the pads that were hit at a given position, and then steps to the next quantize position, and that the quantize value can be changed during input -- I don't think the R24 allows changing quantize that easily (but since it also mentions that notes not on the quantize show as X, there must be some way to modify it). On the R24, notes are entered when you hit the pad, and you have to manually move to the next column using the cursor.
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards