Bass sim issues

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
dmage
member in good standing
member in good standing

Bass sim issues

Post by dmage » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:25 pm

I'd really rather not buy a new bass right now, but I'm having a lot of problems trying to record using the bass sim effects with a guitar. The synth bass is too stiff, but the bass sim patches have sounded terrible so far. I hear the original pitch along with the detuned pitch in the recording, so it sounds like very mess octaves. Not pretty at all. The result sounds nothing like a real bass. I tried some tweaking, but the results were less than ideal.

Anyone else have these problems?
0 x

guitarded_1
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: Bass sim issues

Post by guitarded_1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:28 pm

dmage wrote:I'd really rather not buy a new bass right now, but I'm having a lot of problems trying to record using the bass sim effects with a guitar. The synth bass is too stiff, but the bass sim patches have sounded terrible so far. I hear the original pitch along with the detuned pitch in the recording, so it sounds like very mess octaves. Not pretty at all. The result sounds nothing like a real bass. I tried some tweaking, but the results were less than ideal.

Anyone else have these problems?
IMHO, bass sim is mostly a gimmick. I have never heard a bass sim that sounds remotely close to the real thing. You are much better of forking over $125 or so for a bass from rondomusic.com. They're cheap, but they sound pretty decent.
0 x