getting back to basics-troubleshooting

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

Re: getting back to basics-troubleshooting

Post by robertdonithan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:30 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:15 pm
But I think if you want a multi-effect pedal that is also an audio interface, and a drum machine, so you will have to accept some complication-- or expense.

Maybe the Helix LT will take care of effect & audio interface, and something like a BeatBuddy or BeatBuddy Mini would work. That's pretty simple, but not cheap.
Found one on another forum called Hotone..has interface and drumbeats
0 x

still_fiddlin
been here a while
been here a while

Post by still_fiddlin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:49 am

Guess you mean the RAVO MP-10. Looks interesting. I don't see any reviews so you're going to be a trailblazer. Good luck, and post your recordings somewhere soon.

(I have to wonder, is it pronounced "hot - one" or "ho - tone" :lol: )
0 x

stubbsonic
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by stubbsonic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm

This reminds me of a those entry-level pedals by zoom-- since it's so inexpensive, you will be advised to watch lots of demos before you buy. Just make sure it does what you need. Read the reviews over on Amazon. It gets mostly high ratings. One person said the drum machine was too loud-- had to turn it down to 1 or 2.

I'm listening to a YouTube demo. Sounds pretty decent-- for the price. Not as nice as the MS-100BT or the Pod HD500, but still pretty useable. Nice gritty sounds, not too harsh in the highs.
0 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:58 pm

I looked at the Hotone Ravo http://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/Rav ... 1/112.html owner's manual.

I'm impressed with the built-in drum machine. I was surprised to learn fully 30 of the 100 drum beats are not 4/4. That's unusual.

Also interesting to note Hotone website says it is distributed in the US by SamsonTech, the same company that use to distribute and repair Zoom products. However, SamsonTech website does not list Hotone products.
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums

robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

Post by robertdonithan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 am

still_fiddlin wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:49 am
Guess you mean the RAVO MP-10. Looks interesting. I don't see any reviews so you're going to be a trailblazer. Good luck, and post your recordings somewhere soon.

(I have to wonder, is it pronounced "hot - one" or
"ho - tone" :lol: )

Too late..I went ahead and ordered the behringer v-amp3 multi effects pedal..has a usb for computer and claims to have software for a daw and internal(vst) drum machine and virtual multi effects..I know it's probably for beginners $99, but my thinking is-go small beings the "big" multi effects pedals failed and by the way so did my daw, Cubasele8, it made nothing but lousy, muddy distortion tones from the vst and plugins they provided..it'll be here monday..
0 x

stubbsonic
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by stubbsonic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:39 am

Let us know what you think of the Behringer V-Amp3. The reviews were mixed, but generally positive.
0 x

robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

Post by robertdonithan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Can't say as it does the same thing as the zoom g5n and the hotrod deville 4/10..and the amp Sims in the computer, there's a ghost like after tone in the distortion presets that follows and "muddies" up the original plucked note..it could be the electric causing interference..like too many appliances and fluorescent lights in the apartment units..or all three guitars that I use aren't compatible with the zoom g5n and the vamp3 and the computer amp Sims from the Cubasele8 daw..but I doubt that..still experimenting to find out just what is causing this problem..
0 x

stubbsonic
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by stubbsonic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:32 am

The "ghost" tone thing is something I would expect if you were monitoring from two different sources-- for example, you have your direct guitar sound from the amp, plus you have an additional feed through your computer setup. The latency from using this as an audio interface would delay the signal and cause the ghost note you describe.

I suppose another situation would be that your guitar is connected to the amp directly, but also going through a loop and so you are hearing dry guitar at one time and effected guitar (which always has a little delay) at a slightly later time. This is less likely.

I can't imagine a reason why electricity or florescent lights would do anything other than add hum & noise--- especially time-domain effects.

This only happens when you play through your amp? And not when you use the headphone out of these effect boxes?

I have NEVER heard of a guitar being incompatible with an effect or amp sim. That's not a thing--- well, unless its an acoustic guitar.
0 x

Wulfraed
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Wulfraed » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:46 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:32 am
I have NEVER heard of a guitar being incompatible with an effect or amp sim. That's not a thing--- well, unless its an acoustic guitar.
And even that is getting to be a rare product given how many have piezo strips under the saddle (practically every Ovation product -- even their mandolin -- and I'm not certain what my Lanikai ukelele uses [no battery preamp]), or a microphone built into the sound box (or both -- the Fishman pickup in my older model NS-72ce, the next generation used some sort of magnetic accelerometer under the soundboard as I recall).
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards