Zoom G1u - RE ZFX tools+USB Audio interface bypassing

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
johnnyC
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G1u - RE ZFX tools+USB Audio interface bypassing

Post by johnnyC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:26 pm

hi, im new to this forum and joined as i have a specific question RE the Zoom G1u.

the question regarding the USB connection of the G1u and the Zfx tools program.

i only want to use the zfx program via usb to change settings/parameters for hte G1u on my PC...however...i do not want the G1u to act as the audio interface (i already have a firewire audio interface that doubles as my soundcard and i want to plug the output of the G1u into the line in of my interface like i have done with a line 6 pod)

on reading the manual for the G1u im led to believe as soon as you connect it via usb it acts as a audio interface? is there a way to disable it?
from the manual it says to install the zfx tools program AND the Zoom G Series Audio Driver...

for my situation...would i simply just install the zfx tools program and not the audio driver???
or just install everything and simplu dont select the zoom as my audio interface in my program (cubase)

any advice or information would be muchly appreciated
0 x

johnnyC
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom G1u - RE ZFX tools+USB Audio interface bypassing

Post by johnnyC » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:54 pm

nevermind...i ended up just buying it and after playing around with the settings got it working sweet!
0 x