new q3 product and the adapter that doesn't come with it

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
sandstone
new to this board
new to this board

new q3 product and the adapter that doesn't come with it

Post by sandstone » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:17 pm

i picked up a pre-ordered q3 last week... i opened the box and found that it comes with a couple of batteries, but no adapter... i guess it is important for zoom to keep the price low while making an adapter an additional cost, not a part of the q3 price... meanwhile, i ordered the adapter the same day i got the q3 and have now found out today that it's going to be 3 weeks, until the adapter is in... that doesn't seem like a very well thought out product release strategy to me.... i do note they have advertising in the modern drummer magazine which came to my doorstep the other day, so it is interesting to see where their priorities lie... wonder if i will get an answer to my question about circumventing quick time.... who uses this site anyway???
0 x

pianoman8
new to this board
new to this board

Re: new q3 product and the adapter that doesn't come with it

Post by pianoman8 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 am

Hi, Sandstone-
I'm new to the Q3. I also found the (expensive!) ac adapter to be backordered. I hope by now you have solved the "no ac adapter" problem.
Fortunately, I happen to have a universal wall wart (Radio Shack). One of the settings is 5v, and it works perfectly with the Q3.
0 x