Zoom MRS-802..Help me help a friend

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
MaGase
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom MRS-802..Help me help a friend

Post by MaGase » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:24 pm

I think that is the correct name of the recorder my friend has. He isn't real good with computers, and he wants to take his music off the recorder and get it on a computer. He doesn't have a CD burner, or the USB interface, so I didn't even know where to start. I don't know much about this stuff at all, just trying to give him a hand.

Any help is much appreciated.
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Zoom MRS-802..Help me help a friend

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 am

You might get a faster response in the MRS forum rather than the "other gear" forum.

If I recall, the MRS units require a specialized file converter program to handle the odd format Zoom used on them.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards