Zoom G3X pops and clicks in Reaper

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
thousandfold1000
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G3X pops and clicks in Reaper

Post by thousandfold1000 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 pm

I recently got a Zoom G3X pedal as a budget audio interface for Reaper, now the problem is I can't record properly.

The problem is whenever I arm the track and play with my guitar on Reaper the sound comes through horrible, loud pops anbd clicks, the first time it happened it scared the hell out of me.

The sound does come through perfect via Zoom when Reaper is closed or the track is unarmed, nothing happening there then. Arming the track however makes it appear, the distortion is very muffled, pops, clicks are twice as loud as the audio itself, it also happens on clean settings.

My setup is as followed. Zoom G3X is connected to an usb to my pc. My monitors (Bx5 M-Audio) are connected to the Zoom G3X pedal. The Zoom G3X also functions as the sound card and it works perfectly on everything, until the DAW kicks in and I arm the track and play/record.
0 x

midiaxe
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: Zoom G3X pops and clicks in Reaper

Post by midiaxe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:56 pm

This could be related to the USB Audio Monitoring setting on G3X. On G3X, go to 'Global', USB Audio Monitor. Using knob 1, set to 100 to monitor only REAPER. If you want direct monitor, set it to 0. Hope this helps!
0 x

GV

Re: Zoom G3X pops and clicks in Reaper

Post by GV » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:02 pm

I saw that the OP posted elsewhere that the problem had been a faulty USB cable.

I think that it is good to post solutions if one has asked for help from others, hence me posting this here.
0 x
"If The Beatles or the '60s had a message, it was 'Learn to Swim'. And once you've learned - Swim".
John Lennon