zoom ms70cdr settings

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
phillking
new to this board
new to this board

zoom ms70cdr settings

Post by phillking » Tue May 06, 2014 2:19 am

:D Hi I put a question up last month about echo /delay settings for the ms70cdr but haven't had any replies.I have been intouch with zoom edit and share but was told that they do not have any plans to put it onboard. :( Can anyone out there help :esp: :!: Thanks Phill

NucleusX

Re: zoom ms70cdr settings

Post by NucleusX » Tue May 06, 2014 2:25 pm

There's a reason no-one has responded. Your question doesn't make sense lol, and ill explain why.

There is NO WAY of getting patches in and out of the MultiStomp range via USB unfortunately.
They weren't created to work with Edit&Share, the USB port is for Power and Firmware ONLY.
The only way to share patches with others, is to write down the FX & Parameters for that chain.
I know this is disappointing, but I'm quite certain there isn't even a 3rd party hack to achieve this.

Hope this helps.

crowley

Post by crowley » Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 am

Before I purchased mine i was thinking that if I got the MB100T I would be able to download all the patches from the MS70 CDR -

Zoom assured me that was not to be the case - there would be effects/patches that would be exclusive to the MS70CDR and they had been right on top of that possibility from the beginning.

Whether that is actually the case now I can't say - I already had the MS50G t time and it made more sense to go with the MS70 CDR for what I needed at the time.

Havent had any regrets.

phillking
new to this board
new to this board

Post by phillking » Tue May 13, 2014 8:47 am

:whistle: Thanks guys for your replies.I know that the ms70 cdr only takes firmware up dates I was hopeing that someone could maybe pass on some echo /delay parameters if they had sussed any Shadows type sounds. :D Its a great sounding pedal and as it is very much like the g3 I would have thought in this day and age of the computer usb downloads that it should have been up there.I am not knocking the Zoom products as I have used them from day oneish.Phill

crowley

Post by crowley » Tue May 13, 2014 6:20 pm

No worries - knock 'em all you want :) - I was annoyed when i found out (before I bought it ) the usb was not for dloading patches like the MB100 - but thats the way they roll.

Seriously - In the moments I have really needed the MS70CDR I have only needed to tweak the default patches very slightly - not enough to warrant saving them as some "wow" patch.

But if that ever happens I'm happy to post any up here.

take care

NucleusX

Post by NucleusX » Tue May 13, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm a little confused by your terminology.

A patch is usually defined as a set of saved FX chains and their respective parameters.
There are no MultiStomp pedals that allow anykind of backing up, or editing within this
definition. The only difference the MS-100BT offers, is it allows the ability to add, or
delete entire FX modules via the StompShare store, which is not to be confused with
the definition of a patch. All other MultiStomps receive *new* FX modules via firmware
updates only, if they are available.

crowley

Post by crowley » Tue May 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Page 10 of the manual -

"Selecting and Saving Patch Memories "

A patch hasn't always been a configuration saved on a piece of software - I have plenty of gear where a "patch" is a list of parameters on paper you manually dial in, I even have some gear that has cardboard overlays you rest over the device and twiddle dials to the indicated settings.

NucleusX

Post by NucleusX » Wed May 14, 2014 3:49 am

Seems our definition is very simular, only yours is supposed to be the obsolete
way, and not the normal way of going about it, in modern times that is.
I was more referring to the OP's question, in which his query was not clear.
Search for his older thread that he said he originally posted.
Then you'll see what I mean, no biggy.

To compound my confusion even more....

"No worries - knock 'em all you want :) - I was annoyed when i found out (before I bought it ) the usb was not for dloading patches like the MB100 - but thats the way they roll."

The MS-100BT does NOT have the ability to sync "patches" to pc either.
The only "downloading" it can do, is adding or deleting FX modules to it.
I know all this, cause I own every MultiStomp made to date lol.

Guitarist1969
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Guitarist1969 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 pm

I know this may be a bit old, but there is a way manage presets via PC. It's a third party program which is fee. Here you go:

www.zoompatches.com

I have been in the process of organizing my 70CDR

NucleusX

Post by NucleusX » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Guitarist1969 wrote:
http://www.zoompatches.com
Excellent post. I don't know how i missed this. Thanks for sharing !