Zoom G5n Resources.

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Zoom G5n Resources.

Post by robertdonithan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:14 pm

NucleusX wrote:Generally, MFX units tend to sound better straight into FX returns on guitar amps. The smaller and cheaper
amps tend not to have them, so you have to spend more to have them. Using FX returns instead of front-end
input will bypass the amp's pre-amp and reduce coloring, but it still won't be completely neutral, and still
be colored by the power amp and speaker. If you care a lot about nailing other artists signature tones, then
this can be a problem. If its not a big deal to you, then coloration can work in your favor so long as it was
colored in a way that pleases you, and sometimes you can end up with a great result with an odd combination
of gear. Tone is subjective, and if you like what your hearing, then that's all that matters !

Yeah.. the salesman at the shop said it's best to go with single pedals, but you cannot help but wonder why these multi effects seem to need some special hookups to work..when they design these things they should experiment further with whatever they hookup to-guitar-mixer-amp, etc. and make them compatible and give a list of what type hookups get best results...
0 x

NucleusX

Post by NucleusX » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:16 am

robertdonithan wrote: Yeah.. the salesman at the shop said it's best to go with single pedals, but you cannot help but wonder why these
multi effects seem to need some special hookups to work.
This would probably have to be the most controversial debate with FX pedals in general. Old timers
hell bent on traditional tube amps and simplicity with their pedals, vs a younger generation not so
critical against solid state, and don't mind complex FX pedal arrangements. I think the 2 arguments
are just as valid as each other and down to personal preference. Some even choose to fuse the two
worlds together, so its not all black and white. Its another subjective and personal choice to ponder.
Thing is, you won't find many of the analogue types in a forum like this, Zoom deals in digital only.
robertdonithan wrote: when they design these things they should experiment further with whatever they hookup
to-guitar-mixer-amp, etc. and make them compatible and give a list of what type hookups get best results...
I can tell you now, these Multi FX manufacturers have paid much attention to testing in various
environments and the variety of gear that they can be plugged into. The proof is in the manuals and
internal parameter configurations you will find within the units. Although, i gotta say, the G5n seems
quite restricted in that respect, so i can see why you would assume they don't do that kind of testing
in general. But its simply not true when you look at other Zoom pedals, POD HD, BOSS GT series,
AXE FX, ect. They have all the goods required to properly interface to almost anything outside of them.
Its also very easy to get a bad result with the wrong combination of gear, cabling, and parameters if
you don't pay close attention to the critical information. So many choices, and more things to go wrong.
0 x

NucleusX

Post by NucleusX » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Righto guys, the October release is up, and I've made changes to the Custom Patches section and added direct download links. I also
decided to remove the review and forum sections from the list, as i didn't see them as essential resources, and to avoid any bias. :D
0 x

mojo_plasma
new to this board
new to this board

Post by mojo_plasma » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:22 pm

So no new amp or stomps this month??? :(
0 x

NucleusX

Post by NucleusX » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:31 pm

Certainly seems that way.
0 x

mojo_plasma
new to this board
new to this board

Post by mojo_plasma » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:15 am

Thanks for the updates zoom!!!
The space hole effect is pretty cool!!! :0
1 x

mojo_plasma
new to this board
new to this board

Post by mojo_plasma » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:51 am

The new TS+Boost is awesome!!!
Thank you zoom!!!
0 x

mojo_plasma
new to this board
new to this board

Post by mojo_plasma » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:13 pm

The latest Fender Amp... I believe it is a Tone Master Model... Pretty darn good IMHO. It has become my most used since getting...
0 x