Zoom G5 Volume Control

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
mjschneider
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G5 Volume Control

Post by mjschneider » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:50 pm

HI there everyone!

Glad to be here. I am an old timer with Zoom products. I had a Zoom 9000S a million years ago and it lasted until 2008. I went without until I bought a Boss unit which stunk. Then my daughter bought me the G5! I love it! I haven't used it much in the four years I have it, so I re-read the manual and couldn't figure out how to use the pedal to control the volume.

I joined the forum, waited to be accepted, and wouldn't ya know it, I figured it out. So, I guess that it does not control the volume right out of the box. You have to use the Z Pedal Custom and set it to Output Volume. I guess that's ok, but I think lose the ability to use the pedal button for something. If someone could confirm that, I would greatly appreciate it.

The only other question I have is, how do I save that volume control function to every patch? I want the pedal for Volume, Wah, etc.

Thanks!!

Mike
0 x

mjschneider
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom G5 Volume Control

Post by mjschneider » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:03 pm

I guess I'm gonna just go ahead and buy the FP02 and use that as the volume pedal.
0 x

Ratiug
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: Zoom G5 Volume Control

Post by Ratiug » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Better late than never!

To get the Zoom G5 pedal to work as a Volume pedal and as a Wah when you use the toe switch.
First make sure there is nothing set for the Z-pedal and that it is set for "thru"
Then pick a wah effect such as PedalCry or PedalVX , turn on the effect, press Total, press page on screen 1 to get to CTL SW, assign the switch to the wah effect, press Total again. Now set the Z-pedal to Volume Boost .
You should be able to use the pedal as a volume pedal and switch to wah by pressing the toe switch on the pedal. Rememberthe wah pedal effect must be chosen and assigned before adding the Z- pedal effect.
Enjoy
1 x