Headphones straight to zoom g5n (without amp)

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
gibsonZoom
new to this board
new to this board

Headphones straight to zoom g5n (without amp)

Post by gibsonZoom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:06 am

Hi guys and thanks for accepting me to the forum!
I am planning to order zoom g5n from amazon and I would like to add some headphones.
My question is - is g5n able to drive headphones like AT M50 without the usage of amplifier?
Just GUITAR---->ZOOM G5N------>headphones.
Thank you very much for your opinions!
0 x

robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Headphones straight to zoom g5n (without amp)

Post by robertdonithan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:47 am

gibsonZoom wrote:Hi guys and thanks for accepting me to the forum!
I am planning to order zoom g5n from amazon and I would like to add some headphones.
My question is - is g5n able to drive headphones like AT M50 without the usage of amplifier?
Just GUITAR---->ZOOM G5N------>headphones.
Thank you very much for your opinions!
Yes.. recently bought g5n and a pair of Sony 7506 headphones..also having the fear of some patches sounding too low, I bought $24 4input headphone monitor amplifier at guitar center
1469555734756.jpg
..it works, the headphones themself work..but here's my opinion, find monitoring headphones fr.fr..no coloring the g5n sound..go to a store that will let you take them home and try them out..mine work for $99 but I could have done better I guess..try different types and makes if you can..
p.s.-maybe you can take the g5n to the store and try the phone's out there?...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

gibsonZoom
new to this board
new to this board

Post by gibsonZoom » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:13 am

Hi Robert, sorry for my late reply, after many hours reading online, i decided to take the ath50x - no sound coloring, and i am very satisfied (although i believe nothing beats the gn5 plugged into the amp but for us living in small apartments its an issue).
0 x

robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

Post by robertdonithan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 pm

I'm kinda sorry I didn't try mine first because I have a suspicion that the headphones reject high gain and distortion patches...then again I've always had problems with the pickups seemingly reacting to atmosphere or humidity...I'm in a small apartment also...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x