maybe this is effects loop on g5n?

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
robertdonithan
been here a while
been here a while

maybe this is effects loop on g5n?

Post by robertdonithan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:41 am

I have a g5n zoom and have read where there is no effects loop. But on my fender deville hot rod 4-10, I run the guitar cord into regular input on the amp
1477316386009.jpg
from my guitar , then on the effects loop on the amp I run the preamp out to the input on the effects pedal , then from the pedal output jack back the the amp power input..the names send and return aren't anywhere on the amp or pedal but that's how it works..tried and proven by me..I hope this helps new owners players etc..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

NucleusX
dues paid
dues paid

Re: maybe this is effects loop on g5n?

Post by NucleusX » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:46 pm

The lack of an effects loop that others have expressed, is referring to the fact the G5n itself doesn't have an effects loop, and
is another thing altogether. When a Multi FX pedal has an effects loop, it will have extra sockets for send and return cables, and
give you the ability to create a loop within that pedals signal path. Its a premium feature you will see on higher end Multi FX
pedals, there's plenty of them out there. Once someone has an effects loop in both the amp, and the Multi FX pedal, they typically
select the 4CM or 4 cable method (mono) to connect it all together. Its a killer configuration, but you won't be able to do it on the
G5n with 3 cables, and no effects loop of its own to give you the ability to split your path between effects. Hope that clears it up.
0 x