Zoom G5 Z pedal button question

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Fenderflame
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G5 Z pedal button question

Post by Fenderflame » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:00 pm

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on the Zoom G5 and programming the pedal.

I've had mine for about a year and there's something I've never been able to figure out. When I set up a patch with nothing but a wah in it the button under the Z pedal seems to act as a bypass. Simple enough...

If I set up a patch with a wah in it and use the z-pedal custom to give me an output volume control this functionality seems to disappear. How do I make a simple wah / volume using the switch under the z pedal? There seems to be no way to address this switch under the z-pedal. I'm guessing the 'optional footswitch' referred to on page 19 of the user guide (Total - 4) is for a separate footswitch connected through the control in jack socket?

Also, is there a way to set up the z-pedal as a wet / dry mix control for the entire patch? This would be so useful if it could be done. Say I want to bypass for most of the song and then just bring in FX (with boost and delay) for a solo it would be great to just set up left or right z-pedal to do this. I can't seem to find a patch that will let me but it seems such an obvious thing to want to do.

Any wisdom most welcome.

Thanks
0 x

Fenderflame
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom G5 Z pedal button question

Post by Fenderflame » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:04 am

I guess that's a 'no' then?
0 x

NucleusX

Re: Zoom G5 Z pedal button question

Post by NucleusX » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:46 pm

I had the G5 for a while but got rid of it a couple years ago so this is testing my memory. But if i remember correctly, i had to
use an external expression pedal to get access to certain functions that the on-board Z pedal couldn't be assigned to. It also
depended on which effect was used too. That socket takes both foot-switches and expressions, so you could try that.
0 x