Deleting Effects from G3X Unit ?

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
jodyskillercat
new to this board
new to this board

Deleting Effects from G3X Unit ?

Post by jodyskillercat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Is it possible to delete effects off of the G3X unit ... using a hex editor to modify a G3X Update ? I have owned a G3x for 2 years, and have settled on the effects that I like and use. It may seem crazy to some ... I hate scrolling through effects that i will never use. It is easy enough to remove the effects you do not like from the Edit & Share software, but since the software gets its commands from the unit itself ... the effects are still there ( just not shown ) I have have used a hex editor to open the latest software update, and overwritten the effects I do not like with 00's. It has not screwed up the endiness of the file ... but I not sure what will happen if I run this update, with the files overwritten ... I am worried I might screw up my machine, and that would make the whole process mute. Does anyone have any experience with this ??