Zoom G7.1ut midi with guitar rig 5

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
karfeef
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G7.1ut midi with guitar rig 5

Post by karfeef » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 am

Hi all. I'm hoping a midi guru can point me in the right direction. I've been wanting a looper pedal for a while and recently found the looper module in guitar rig, which immediately got me thinking about the midi function of my zoom unit.

What I'm trying to do is use the midi learn function in guitar rig to assign the patch selection buttons on the zoom to the record /play/stop etc functions in guitar rig. I'm able to do this to some extent, there is definitely communication between the two and I get a confirmation pop-up , but when I try the buttons out on the zoom, I get patch changes in guitar rig instead of the intended record /play functions in the looper

Its like there is a load of midi commands already built in to the Zoom and /or guitar rig.

I have my guitar plugged in via a behringer guitar to USB thing and the midi to usb on the Zoom, so the zoom is solely for midi info

I'm very new to midi and its driving me nuts!

Can anyone help?

Thank you

H
0 x