B1on Signal Chain Direction

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
zoniopoda omnicolor
member in good standing
member in good standing

B1on Signal Chain Direction

Post by zoniopoda omnicolor » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:55 am

Hi,

For anyone who has the B1on, I recently got one - like it a lot. The signal chain direction was confusing to me. The screen shows 1,2,3, etc. The unit itself has the input jack on the right, output on the left. The screen display made me assume (rightly, as it turned out) that the chain is left to right, like this: Bass In --> 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> Output. But at times with pedals, I think of the chain as right (in) to left (out).

No mention in the manual that I could find. Anyway, searching around the internet, I mostly confirmed that the B1on's chain is left to right, but found a few contradictions. Finally I asked Zoom, and they confirmed that the chain is indeed left to right. It makes sense considering the screen display, but for the obsessive (like me), now we know.
0 x