Zoom UAC-8 - driver crash - Ableton Live Windows 10

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Daskeladden
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom UAC-8 - driver crash - Ableton Live Windows 10

Post by Daskeladden » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am

hi, I have trouble with unstable driver on my Zoom UAC-8. I'm using Ableton Live newest version and the driver crash randomly. It's impossible to work on so I have to use Asio4all and it becomes pretty stable. The problem is that the overall latency gets higher, and I should expect that Zoom make stable asio driver for all DAW,s. Here is a video of my problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Yo_KOvD2s

I have the newest driver, firmware and software. I have updated Windows 10 64 bit and the newest Ableton Live 9.7.1 version
0 x

Daskeladden
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom UAC-8 - driver crash - Ableton Live Windows 10

Post by Daskeladden » Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 am

hi, looks like changing the sample rate from 44100 to 96 KHz did the trick (seems like it did not crash on 48 KHz either). I have not tested it enough to confirm if it's stable..I still cannot understand why it crashes on 44100 khz which is a standard sample rate. Here is a screenshot of my settings now:

Lets hope the driver is stable on these setting......

Edit: I had to increase my buffer size 128 samples because of crackling noises
0 x