DBX Go Rack and other gear upgrades

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Omegaman
The Force
The Force

DBX Go Rack and other gear upgrades

Post by Omegaman » Mon May 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Couldn't pass up the deal, 29.99, originally listed for $99. Was looking for a small pre amp (the band I play with sometimes says my SM58 isnt giving them enough level?) Anyway, Compressor, EQ presets, etc two XLR channels and a mini plug input. So it will work post mixer and can serve as a backup mixer for solo gigs. Only thing I wish it had was reverb, but next gear purchase will be an upgraded mixer with digital effects (still using my Behringer MX820 at least I think that is the model, I suck at model numbers LOL)

Anyone used one in a live situation? or in studio? It did amplify my level significantly, but so far I am not playing with that band until a private party in September.

I also picked up a Shure 55s the Elvis mic, just love the look. a bit tough with plosives, Shure suggests putting it at the corner of your mouth.

Latest was an SD Systems Maui 5 PA.... so much lighter and compact. I've used Bose L-1 compact (belonged to the band) this is more powerful and less expensive.
NOw to put away the wallet (ouch) and practice!!! :^:
0 x

johnp352
new to this board
new to this board

Re: DBX Go Rack and other gear upgrades

Post by johnp352 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:27 am

I use it in the studio for stereo tracking into my DAW..live for going into the mains for my tritar and mbira's through circuit bent analog pedals and 2 zoom g and B. This is really a great inexpensive way to go. i got it for a hardware sub generator, but it does a lot more..
0 x