Q2N problems

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Samdbl
new to this board
new to this board

Q2N problems

Post by Samdbl » Tue May 23, 2017 7:45 pm

So far my Q2N has been a nightmare. It records fine. But transferring the files to my PC, or Ipad, is just not happening.

I have an up to date Windows 10 computer. Trying to transfer files ends up just being an endless load until it crashes. Handyshare sometimes shows the files, but when I try to do anything with them (like play), it crashes. Trying to move the files from the unit itself onto the computer just loads endlessly and shows 0 as progress.
I am able to load the files to other PCs that use much older versions of Windows. However, no audio is heard or available on the files when I play them back. I know they recorded with audio, as play back on the unit has it just fine.
I am using the USB cable that came with the extra accessory pack. I have also tried other cables. All the same.
I'm about to toss this useless thing out the window unless someone can tell me what's going on with it. Any ideas appreciated. I have a tour coming up in a couple days that I specifically bought this thing (and the expensive accessory pack) for. Thanks
0 x

Samdbl
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Q2N problems

Post by Samdbl » Tue May 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Update: I've discovered sound will play if I play video through Quicktime. It's still very annoying that my most up to date, new computer can't load the files directly from the unit, though. Especially since I'd like to do some quick editing with handyshare. Any ideas?
0 x

Clarry
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Q2N problems

Post by Clarry » Wed May 31, 2017 8:59 am

I resorted to using a cheap SD card to USB stick to save to my PC
0 x