Zoom G3Xn pedal operation when set as volume

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
redphender
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G3Xn pedal operation when set as volume

Post by redphender » Wed May 31, 2017 3:00 am

Hi All,
I've assigned the 'volume' function to the expression pedal in some patches.
If I for example set the volume at its half with the pedal in a middle position then switch to another patch the volume is automatically set at its maximun on the new patch, regardless the position of the pedal.
Did anybody find the same behaviour and maybe find a solution to link the sound volume to the pedal position when switching across patches?

Thanks
R
0 x

mojo_plasma
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom G3Xn pedal operation when set as volume

Post by mojo_plasma » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:04 am

I haven't noticed it on the 5n... but I rarely use it as a volume pedal.
I don't doubt that it is the case tho... zoom did not do too good a job on the expression pedal development on this unit.
A few thing to check...
Make sure the patch you are switching to also have the volume pedal effect in the chain.
Make sure the patches are saved with the pedals "on" are active. It could be that the pedal is on in one patch and off in another.
Beyond that I don't think zoom has built in any form of "state" settings like most manufacturers do... as in "live" or "capture" mode.
Good Luck!!
0 x

redphender
new to this board
new to this board

Re: Zoom G3Xn pedal operation when set as volume

Post by redphender » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 am

Hi mojo_plasma,
thanks for your reply.
Yes, pedal is in the chain and yes, pedal is on.
0 x