Zoom Q8-Having Issues-Randomly Stops Recording for no apparent reason

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
vyacheslav
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom Q8-Having Issues-Randomly Stops Recording for no apparent reason

Post by vyacheslav » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Greetings,

Overall I am generally satisfied with Zoom Q8. However I've been having intermittent issues in which it randomly stops recording.

Like most of us, I use this recorder to capture my live band gigs and performances. I keep the camera on a tripod, press record, jump on stage and play. Over the last few gigs (within the last month) I've noticed that even though I've confirmed that the camera was recording (as I always do) before I walk away, it will stop about 4 or 5 minutes in, sometimes less than that. Other times it will record for two hours straight with no problems. It's been very frustrating because it is completely and totally random when it decides to stop vs. when it decides to keep recording (as it's supposed to). Obviously I assume it's recording, and since I'm on stage I can't run to check and make sure it's still recording (and quite honestly, I shouldn't have to. It should work as intended). In the instances it has happened, I can confirm that no one was near the camera so no one was tampering with it to turn it off and/or stop the camera from recording. I can also confirm that the battery was fully charged so the camera did not auto-shut off for lack of battery power.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks for your help,

V
1 x

Fran Guidry
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Zoom Q8-Having Issues-Randomly Stops Recording for no apparent reason

Post by Fran Guidry » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:47 pm

In my experience issues like this are usually related to the SD card.

Fran
0 x