Zoom G3X - Clean vs Distortion volumes

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Shuchrid
new to this board
new to this board

Zoom G3X - Clean vs Distortion volumes

Post by Shuchrid » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:50 pm

I have a Zoom G3X.
Whenever I play without any effects (all through) I can barely hear my guitar, but if I put a single distortion pedal and play a single note my ears are getting blasted off... It's loud like an assault rifle.

It's like the clean to distortion volume ratio is 10:90 instead of being even on 50:50, or maybe a bit louder 40:60...
I could lower the volume of the patch or the level of every effect on the patch, but then the desired sound is weak and doesn't get the full effect of the effects (hope you understood what I mean).

Anyone encountered this issue?
Any tips on how to make a clean and distortion patch which has a more balanced volume..?

Thanks in advance!!!
0 x

NucleusX

Re: Zoom G3X - Clean vs Distortion volumes

Post by NucleusX » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:33 am

Drop the distortion volume down till its even with the clean volume by switching the distortion on and off as you adjust and compare. The problem can continue as you add more fx in the chain. This process is called "unity gain". Everyone using pedals is confronted by it eventually. Do some research on it. Your welcome !

To get you started.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... in.665596/
1 x